Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sunflower


My last film is to cast a sweet-looking girl...

I tried to ask a few girls...and in the end I got Alison. Well...David was surprised when I told him I'm casting Alison as a sweet-looking girl...

True enough... Alison totally twisted my story when she turned up in a black dress, sunglasses, and black gloves stretching up to the shoulder! She turned my character into a really dark and hideous temptress.

So, the original sweet flower girl became the evil and twisted woman holding a dead sunflower (I bought it too early in the morning and it started to wilt).

Wow...I actually dun mind the tranformation...it actually complements my story!

So, she changed my character and turn out that she really isnt a person who can play a sweetgirl =p

She threw the dead sunflower at me at the end of the shoot!
Ok....but Meghan (my DP) was kind enough to take the flower for me...but the sunflower was still unfortunate to the end. When we took a lift out of the apartment, we put the flower in a leftover beer bottle. The bottle couldnt take the weight of the flower and it collapsed and spilled. The rest went out of the lift but a sunflower is still a sunflower...I paid my last respect and lifted the bottle back up and leaned it against the wall of the lift to let it stand.

Well....you think this is the end of my sunflower story???
Not ever for as long as this moment of your life....

My pictures did not turn out well, so I had a reshoot..and of course I need to buy sunflowers again!

This time, I got 5 sunflowers!

(The same shop refused to sell me a single sunflower...'We always change the price' he says....when the previous guy had taken the effort to open up the bouquet and give me the one that i chose... 'You just always have a diufferent person behind the counter' I say)

Ok...So I had to get rid of the sunflowers again...I gave 3 away and sold one to my roommate. I asked for a dollar and then I said he can take it for free. In the end, he chose none of the options and gave me 50 cents.... ....

Ok...so the last sunflower landed into the hands of Alison again...
There was a problem on the shoot...I could not remember which hand she used to hold the flower...so I asked her.

"It's on my left hand."

She actually remembered! The poor sunflower actually means quite a lot to the character in the story you see...

This time again...I got back the sunflower. Kenny saw the sunflower during class and played gay with me for the flower...well I dont mind at all...at least I could get rid of it...

In the end...Kenny stopped being gay...and I was left with the sunflower again...

So, I had to carry the sunflower in my hand and walk the streets back to my hall...I tried to catch my reflection against the shopwindows and I thought I actually look quite good with the flower in my hand!

No way....in the end I met a friend at the lift lobby and I gave it to her...

I guess I dun really look good walking around with a sunflower in my hand, and definitely not with a sunflower peeking out of my backpack as I had done in the 4 hours of the first shoot....and I guess flowers are flowers are still for girls =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home