Tuesday, July 11, 2006

RaNdOm PeoPLe

Mexican bar...portugal vs germany

"@##$@%$%$#&&*" This latino momma spoke in spanish, rather audibly, bulging eyes.

I looked at her in confusion...stunned...bulging my eyes too.

"Sorry...I dun speak Spanish"

"So what is this match about...? Do they go on to play another game after this...?"

Oh...that's what she's trying to say...

"oh...they are fighting for third place in the tournament..."

"So the winner goes on to play the winner for tmr's match?"

...And so i went on explaining to her again in a dozen of ways...

finally....

"So why are they still playing...I still dun understand..."

"Err...for pride of the country...honour...??" raising my eyebrows as I said...

small talk and then a flurry to follow...

"So what do you think of korea and the nuclear weapons...?"
"Why cant they have the rights to own them when other countries have them...? Why do we make so much of it when we are killing people in Iraq...?"
"Power should be equal...you cannot have a totalitarian..."
"That's why i say knowledge is everything...the internet has brought us so much power...it is the key..."

She goes on talking abt totalitarianism...how the CIA owns the drug ring in her home country Columbia...then how she denounces religion...she says all this, vociferously, eyes bulging again...

I just say sometimes power cannot fall into the wrong hands...I dun strongly believe in anything...but religion keeps hope and faith...everyone has their own version of peace...cheering intermitantly as portugal started scoring goals after goals...telling her they have scored...looking at the replay and then she goes on again...even more aggresively, eyes bulging...

Then there was an own goal scored...she starts asking me what happened...who scored...why is the player so screwed up...

"You know Andrés Escobar? He was killed in the World Cup..."

Finally she leave....and I found a quiet refuge in the toilet...

"Hi...I heard you came from Singapore..."

A small stream of pee....

"Oh yeah...where are you from..."

blablablaaa.....my first ever toilet talk with a stranger...out of the toilet...

"So what are you here for...?"

"I work for as a management consultant in Sydney...sometimes in Singapore..sometimes in New York..."

blablaablaa....then I told him he could come and act for my film...he was interested and gave me his name card...

Day of my second shoot...

"Did Karl reply the message?"

"Yes...but he said he cant make it...he has work..."

then I stood there...staring at my actress...NYU grad in acting and drama blabla...that my roommate had found from the internet...my crew are late...

Then I went around Washington square park looking for an alternative guy...then I saw Cheryl..

"Hey do you have a spare actor??"

"Yeah...you can ask the guy with the guitar over there..."

I asked...

"No sorry...I have class at 2.30"

"Hey I can act for you!" Came the voice from the man beside Cheryl...he's acting for Cheryl right now and he would help me out when they are done...his name is Jason...

And so Jason the goofy guy and Laura my actress...

And then one day doing laundry...confused...and dunno how the machine works...

"Hey...eRrr....Could you..yadayda...Err...Could you do me a favour?"

And so she helps me out....then she asks me...

"Are you from Singapore?"

"Yeah! It's so obvious right..."

"I'm from Singapore too..."

haha...how I love doing laundry... and of course...meeting these people in NYC too... =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home