Friday, June 30, 2006

Such was the Inspiration! II

"...As artists, you have to create the emotional mood to the audience."
"...As artists, you have to use the different techniques to convey the visual image you want to give."

The word 'artist' struck me. That was the declaration of prof Lind. I am now in an environment surrounded by transfer students majoring in film, people who don't really know about filming but has interest in film. These are people who are from all walks of life: the investment banker, actor, personal therapist and others from the screenwriting class. We are all but connected by an enthusiasm for film. This was the passion.

I would use to admire art from far. Now, I'm living with art, amongst artists, breathing and heaving the same air of creativity. Now, it is the very chance I admire art from closeness. To reside at Greenwich village and to be in art school is also to admire artistes from closeness.

There can never be a satiation point from sharing the passion for art.

"I chose to study film because I feel that film is a very powerful medium to convey my messages to people" Such was the statement from my roommate.

In the film department of NYU, people I know of are all working and making film. One of my professor is a script supervisor, the other is a cinematographer. Two of the equipment department staff are having their films screened in a few days.

It is this very environment which fuels art...

2 Comments:

Blogger huifang said...

heyhey! seems like u r having fun in NY! :)

8:50 PM  
Blogger jax said...

yeah...definitely!!
haha...but i still cant wait to go back to singapore!!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home