Friday, July 21, 2006

The Escape

If I were to be an artist, I would probably be a thrash artist!

That is, when I think so highly of my work, I tend to be put down and when I think so badly of my work, I get encouraging remarks from people...What's wrong with their taste? I did a horror film that is so thrashy I would laugh everytime I see it...yet I get ppl saying that the images are cool etc...I say they are so amateurish and lame! I also did a comedy that I thought was so thrashy...but everyone found it funny!

Remember the first project? I thought it's really meaningful but ppl did not get it and tried to put it down when it was screened...And then the chewing gum script...I had grand plans to make it into a romantic film that could possibly make singapore think about the ban on chewing gum... 'but it sounded like a comedy...It was cheesy'???

And then there's David...the other guy in my crew. He used 6 rolls of film for his first film. It was an epic considering most ppl were expected to use 1 roll. It has since been his only film screened when everyone in the class has screened 3. What the F is he doing??? And he's in his mid-twenties...looking like he had never got a normal job before...well-to-do parents too...

Shit...I should stop doing this sort of thing until I've done something mainstream and earned a decent living..I need to be an office worker...a banker...a clerk or whatever!! I need to slog my life out for money from 9-5 and even later....everyday!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home