Thursday, September 07, 2006

Delicatessen: Boat Quay Duck Rice

It's famous, apparently.

This is my first lunch with my colleagues and they say they will have to bring me here. And so we bypassed the many food stalls straddled along the interjection of roads by my workplace under the blazing Singapore sun in shirt and tie.

Not to my amazement, the place was already packed with fellow crease-free, tie-strangling working class and the likes. There was no table...

Then, to my amazement, we decided to go to the neighbouring Kiliney, that of which straddles along the same maze of food stalls round my workplace and we had to settle by this one, and we have also waited some time for the duck rice!

The duck rice was never to be missed eventually. I decided to pack it back to my office and the fragrance of the black duck sauce was to linger around until work stopped pouring in at the end of the day.

At the end and at the end of the day, I ate. The rice was cold, wrapped in the good old brown paper that preserves the food. The duck rice was heavenly, as was the sauce. A delight!

Alternative duck rice: Off South Buona Vista Road, after the 99 turns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home